Couple of things I'd simply love to see in the game;
- Titanium deposits; a resource step above Aluminum.
- Magmatic deposits; a 'pseudo' resource that provides a location for a Tectonic Compressor.
- Silicon deposits; (Different from Quartz), a resource for advanced electronics above gold, and for optics (including Glass.)
- Tectonic Compressor; a new building to 'compress' materials. For example; compressing Coal into Industrial Diamond, Coal Dust into Carbon Plate, or Steel into Heavy-Duty Steel.
- Pulverizer; a new building that disintegrates resources. Either as a step to create specific materials such as Coal or Quartz, or to create Pulverized Ore, that is much master smelted in a forge.
- Glass, created from combining Silicon and Limestone. Can be used for optics, as well as walls with glass windows.