Since the cloud save update, I've been having this issue.
Issue: Anytime I log into the game (or load a save), I spawn near the M.A.M., my inventory is empty and my previous character with my inventory is standing where I previously logged out. Note that my action bar at the bottom doesn't reset however, and my progress on the map is saved properly and synced on the cloud.
My current workaround: Always log out at the same place, keeping a xeno-basher in a personal chest nearby. Upon logging in, grab the xeno-basher to kill my old self and loot everything.
Additional info and what I tried:
- Made sure I'm always logged into the Epic Games launcher and launch the game from there. Also made sure the game welcomes me using my Epic Games username when I load my game. I'm always connected to the Internet.
- I had to format my computer's hard drive due to an unrelated issue, a clean install did not fix the issue.
- My saves are properly saved in %localappdata%\FactoryGame\Saved\SaveGames\some_epic_id. I also have a common folder, but it hasn't been used in a while (last modified file 3 weeks ago).
- There is nothing in the old save location (Documents/My Games/...)
- There is only one Epic Games account on my computer.
- I disabled my firewall and uninstalled antivirus software.
The bug is consistent, I understand some people have this issue when playing offline, but why am I getting this behavior while online, what are my options? Thank you!
Update 2019-11-06: I have the same bug consistently in my two worlds that existed before the cloud saves update. However I created a new world and no repro there. Perhaps something wrong with the compression/migration of save files?