First, I'd like to thank developers for fixing the trains. There are still some minor issues but they are way less likely to happen, with correct design of the railroad they don't really mean a problem and will go away when trains start respecting each other's personal space. Good job guys!
With the big problems gone and trying to put my already mostly built train system into practical use, I ran into a bunch of inconveniences. So I'd like to propose a few changes that might make the life of people with large train systems easier.
First, the Time Table, a.k.a. list of trains:
- Please allow changing order of trains in the list. At the very least please allow sorting them alphabetically.
- Please add an indication (icon) whether the train is on autopilot or not. Even better would be if that icon acted as a button, turning the train's autopilot on or off on click without need to enter the timetable of the train.
- Please add an indication of "last visited train". If I open a train's timetable and close it, mark that train as last visited so that if I want to check timetables of all or multiple trains, it's easier to find where to go next.
Then the train's timetable:
- When presing Esc, please just close this window and return to the train list instead of closing both windows. Pressing Esc once more to close the other window is easy, pressing E and then scrolling in the list to find the last visited place is significantly less easy, and pushing the X button with the mouse adds to already quite a lot of unnecessary mouse movement.
- When pressing the "+" button to add a station to the list, please open the station list to set it up right away instead of adding the first station and then requiring the player to click on it to change it.
- It would be really nice if it was possible to insert a new station at selected place instead of only at the end of list. Perhaps you could add an "+^" button next to the trashcan to add new station above the given line. Also the huge "+" button could be just on the last line instead of always occupying bottom of the window.
- It would be really nice if mouse cursor followed the "up" or "down" arrows when moving a station up or down in the list so it's not necessary to chase the line with the mouse when changing order of stations.
And last, the station list
- Please allow changing order of stations in the list. At the very least please allow sorting them alphabetically. A search function activated on opening the list would help a lot, too.