I was getting crashes when loading my save file, so I loaded older and older save files until I got one that didn't crash. I played some, I saved and I went to bed. Today I tried to load my newest save file and I got crashes again. So I did the same process of loading older and older save files until I got one that works.Somewhat surprisingly, the first save file to work was the same one that worked yesterday as well.
I have done some testing since then and I have discovered this:
- SaveFile A (crashes on load)
- SaveFile B (loads correctly, but any savefile derived from this save file will crash on load)
- SaveFile C (loads correctly, and any savefile derived from this save file will load correctly)
Any derivative save file (A) from this save file (B) will crash when I try to load it. If I load a save file OLDER than that one (C) and make new savefile (A'), that save file will load correctly.
I can't post files using this site and I don't really want to post them somewhere else and link them here, but if a CS dev is interested in tracking down this bug and asks for these save files I will be happy to provide them. I have copied them to a separate folder on my computer so I can find them easily.
I am NOT on the experimental build.