I've been using ramps as a way to add railings to the bridges that I'm building. I really like the effect, but with sloped bridges, the current ramp offering just does not allow for a good looking build.
It would be nice to have the following Walkways:
- Ramp with railing on only one side
- Ramp without railing
- Ramp matching the half slope of foundations
- Ramp matching the half slope of foundation with railing on only one side
- Ramp matching the half slope of foundations without railings
- Ramp with railing on 3 sides (dead end / end cap).
In addition, it would also be nice to have the following foundation:
- Inverted Ramps (Top is flat, bottom is slopped)
- Half width foundations
- Foundation with hole for conveyor in 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6x variants.
- The 4 should have one hole in each corner
- The 6 X should have 2 series on 3 holes aligned on oposite sides of the foundation.
- The 1x should have at least 3 variants, one with a hole centered on one side, and one with a hole in one of the corner and one fully centered in middle of the foundation.
- The 2x and 3x should have at least 2 variants, both matching the alignment of conveyor walls on the X axis. The first one would be centered with the middle of the foundation on the Y axis, with the other being close to the edge of the foundation
- Other variants are welcomed.
- Corner pieces for ramps
- Triangular foundations (60 degree angles would work well and would mean that walls would not need to be edited for this to work).
New type of foundation or walkway
- Grate texture, so that you can see what is underneath. Would be a great way to show some of those conveyor system some of us have running under the factory floor.
And while walkways are a nice way to add railings, proper railings which can be snapped to foundations would be nice. I would like something that has the crash barrier feel, something a lot more massive, meant to stop a truck from going down in the abyss.
As far as Walkways go, Trollsamaa's comment makes me think that separating the railing from the walkways and just being able to snap them as need be might be a better solution then creating several new walkways. At the very least, it would be more modular.
Edit: Added other popular suggestions to the list.